H.225.0 Annex G conference call

Roy, Radhika R, ALTEC rrroy at ATT.COM
Thu Aug 6 09:56:02 EDT 1998

Dear Mr. Toga:

I am glad to see that you agree with the concepts that I have provided in my
email. This is exactly what needs to be addressed in the ITU-T SG16 with
respect to H.323 inter-GK communications.

AT&T contribution is expected to be provided to the US State Dept as a part
of that process for the upcoming ITU-T SG16 Geneva meeting. I guess that you
would be almost certain what is going on from AT&T side.

For further clarifications, please see the email that I sent in response to
Mr Purvis comments. I hope that it will clarify.

Please make a note that we need to address the right solutions in the
context of the large H.323 network. Any short sighted solutions that do not
provide the right solutions will create confusions in the market. Let us
avoid this as far as practicable.

If you think that you can provide the solution for a very limited
environment "Non-hierarchical Inter-Gatekeeper Communications Between
(Administrative) Domains", my proposal does not limit that. You are
absolutely welcomed to do that. I doubt whether any progress has yet been
made by anyone to solve the problems for this  environment as well (not to
speak about other models. Does anyone believe that the Non-hierarchical
model described so far is going to be solved right now?). People are only
providing some high-level stuffs with some figures that define some
boundaries. Is there any solution in sight for this hierarchical model?

Again, I request that Annex G should be addressed from the global
perspective as outlined in my email.

We will decide what problems can be addressed in a timely manner and whether
it makes any sense to release a subset of those models as a part of the
standard once we see how far progress has been made in all those areas as
described in my email.

I hope that this email will clarify all issues that you have raised in your
email.

Sincerely,

Radhika R. Roy
AT&T, USA