APC-1357/dpc

Toshiro Kawahara kawahara at SPG.YRP.NTTDOCOMO.CO.JP
Wed Apr 8 20:44:20 EDT 1998

Dear Q.11-14/16 colleagues,

>> Attached please find the updated invitation for the next experts group
>> meeting in Yokosuka(14-17, April). It contains general information about
>> the meeting.
>> The attached zip file contains a "Word97/6.0" compatible document.
>> We will send you the one in text-only format as soon as possible.

Here is the updated invitation in text-only form. Full document including
all the appendices will be distributed at the meeting.

Best regards,

from the meeting hosts;
 Hidenobu HARASAKI (NEC)
 Kiyoshi SAKAI(Fujitsu Lab.)

                                Kiyoshi Sakai
                                Media Processing Laboratory
                                Multimedia Systems Labs.
                                FUJITSU LABORATORIES LTD.
                                Tel.   : +81 44 754 2679
                                Fax.   : +81 44 754 2347
                                E-mail : sakai at flab.fujitsu.co.jp

---- Cut here ---------------------------------------------------------

ITU-T Study Group 16
Q11-14 joint Rapporteur Meeting
Yokosuka, Japan
14-17 April 1998

                        GENERAL INFORMATION

Secretariat

Hosts: Fujitsu, NEC,
Canon, GCL, Hitachi, JVC, KDD, Matsushita, Mitsubishi,
MPT, NTT, NTT DoCoMo, OKI, Sharp, Toshiba, TEPCO, TTC

CONTENTS

1. VENUE-------------------------------------   3

2. TRANSPORTATION----------------------------   3

3. MEETING ROOM -----------------------------   7

4. SECRETARIAT-------------------------------   7

5. FILE SERVER and INTERNET ACCESS              7

6. NAME TAGS --------------------------------   8

7. PIGEONBOX SERVICE-------------------------   8

8. BULLETIN BOARD SERVICE---------------        8

9. COPY SERVICE-------------------------------- 8

10. BREAK-------------------------------------- 8

11. LUNCH-------------------------------------- 8

12. RECEPTION------------------------------     9

13. MEDICAL CARE------------------------------- 9

14. BANKING AND CREDIT CARDS----------  9

15. RESTAURANTS INFORMATION----------   10

APPENDICES:
 Appendix 1: Train and bus timetable
 Appendix 2: Yokosuka Research Park Center
 Appendix 3: Restaurants information

1. Venue
YPR Building No. 1 ("Ichibankan")
Yokosuka Research Park, YRP Center
3-4 Hikarino-oka, Yokosuka, 239-0847, Japan

2. TRANSPORTATION
2.1.    Transportation from Narita Airport to the hotel
The Yokosuka Prince Hotel is just in front of Shioiri station at Kehin-kyuko
line. There are some alternative ways from Narita Airport to Shioiri station as
follows. The Alt.1 or Alt.2 seems to be the easiest way but still challenging,
especially for those who visit Japan for the first time.

Alt.1: Take JR (Narita Express or NEX, all reserved seats) to Yokohama and
change to Keihin-kyuko line to take an express train(signed in red) bound for
Misaki-guchi(). Get off at Shioiri Station (5th stop by counting Yokohama as
the first stop, 4530 yen.
Note: Since Narita Express departs the airport every hour, additional 30
minutes(in average) waiting time should be considered. There is another type
of Keihin-kyuko express( signed in green) which does NOT stop at Shioiri.

Alt.2: Take Airport Limousine Bus to Yokohama (YCAT) and change to Keihin-kyuko
line to take an express train(signed in red) bound for Misaki-guchi. Get off
at Shioiri (3850 yen).
Note: Bus traveling hour varies depending on traffic condition. Since Airport
Limousine Bus departs the airport every 20 minutes, additional 10 minutes
(in average) waiting time should be considered. There is another type of Keihin
-kyuko express(signed in green) which does NOT stop at Shioiri.

Alt.3: Take JR line(Airport Narita) to Yokosuka (2520 yen). For JR line(Airport
Narita), it is recommended to take a Green Car(first class) for your
convenience with additional 1900 yen.
Note: Since Airport Narita departs the airport every hour, additional 30
minutes (in average) waiting time should be considered.

Alt.4: Take Keisei Limited Express to Aoto and change to Keiyu Limited Express
 bound for Misaki-guchi. Get off at Shioiri Station (1900 yen).
Note: Since Keisei Limited Express departs the airport every 20 minutes,
 additional 10 minutes (in average) waiting time should be considered.

You can also find other possible ways from Narita Airport to Shioiri at the
following YRP web site;
http://www.yrp.com/access/access.htm

In addition, following web sites will be helpful to you;
- About Narita airport: http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/airport_e/index_e.html
- Access from Narita Airport to downtown Tokyo and Yokohama including JR Narita
  Express, Keisei Limited express and Limousine Bus Timetables;
http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/airport_e/access_e/access_index.html

2.2 Transportation from the hotel to the meeting site
Alt1: Train and Bus
>From Yokosuka Prince Hotel to YRP,
1.walk to Shioiri station.
2.buy a 230-yen ticket, and take a train bounded for Misakiguchi.
3.get off at YRP Nobi station, which is 6th stop. See Keikyu Tourist Guide for
more information. Note: The station name was changed from Nobi to YRP Nobi on
April 1.
4.wait for a bus at Bus stand No.1 and get on a bus indicated *4, *5 or *6
(* indicates a Japanese letter).
5. drop 180 yen into a fare box, when the bus stops at YRP Center.

The following time schedule is suggested because the meeting is scheduled to
start at 9:00.  Please be careful that bus schedule will be changed on April
16 which is the third day of the meeting.

Table 1: Suggested train and bus timetable

Shioiri Station to YRP Nobi Station  by train
Tuesday, April 14 and Wednesday, April 15
 7:21 --> 7:36
 7:41 --> 7:59
 7:54 --> 8:12
 8:14 --> 8:32
 8:34 --> 8:48
 8:43 --> 8:57
 8:55 --> 9:09

YRP Nobi Station to YRP Center by bus
Tuesday, April 14 and Wednesday, April 15
 7:41 --> 7:50
 8:06 --> 8:16
 8:20 --> 8:30
 8:36 --> 8:46
 8:52 --> 9:02 (Late)
 9:02 --> 9:12 (Late)
 9:17 --> 9:27 (Late)

Shioiri Station to YRP Nobi Station  by train
Thursday, April 16 and Friday, April 17
 7:21 --> 7:36
 7:41 --> 7:59
 7:54 --> 8:12
 8:04 --> 8:24
 8:14 --> 8:32
 8:34 --> 8:48
 8:43 --> 8:57
 8:55 --> 9:09

YRP Nobi Station to YRP Center by bus
Thursday, April 16 and Friday, April 17
 7:40 --> 7:50
 7:54 --> 8:04
 8:10 --> 8:20
 8:22 --> 8:32
 8:27 --> 8:37
 8:40 --> 8:50
 8:54 --> 9:04 (Late)
 9:04 --> 9:14 (Late)
 9:15 --> 9:25 (Late)

Alt2: Train and Taxi
If your party is three or four, taking a taxi from YRP Nobi station to YRP
 Center might be an alternative.
>From Yokosuka Prince Hotel to YRP,
Steps 1 thru 3 are the same as section 2.1.
4. take a taxi to YRP. It will cost less than 1000 yen.
Note: Only five or six station based taxies are operating.

Alt3: Taxi
It will cost about 4000 yen from Yokosuka Prince Hotel to YRP Center by taxi.

3. MEETING ROOM

See Appendix 2
"YRP Center Building No. 1 ("Ichibankan" in Japanese) Floor Layout"
Meeting room is normally open from 09:00 at YRP Hall, Conference Room 1, 2 and
4 in Ichibankan.
Please confirm the meeting room allocation announced on the Bulletin Board
 everyday.

4. SECRETARIAT

Staff room is located on the third floor and normally opens from 8:30 to 18:00.
The room name is "Seminar Room 2".
TEL:    +81 468 47 5043
FAX:    +81 468 47 5044

Please note that the both numbers are available for domestic calls in Japan and
international calls from outside Japan only. International uses from Japan to
any other countries are not available, and please use the public pay phone.
The following computer hardware and software will be available at staff room
during the meeting:

*Two IBM compatible personal computers with Word 97 for Windows95
Laser printers are also available for above computers.

5. FILE SERVER and INTERNET ACCESS
AC power (100 Volt) and 10Base-T port are available in any conference room.
Please bring your own LAN interface device and Unshielded Twisted Pair(UTP)
cable with enough length(at least 3m long), if you want to connect your
notebook PC to the LAN.  DHCP server will automatically assign your IP address
from private address space (i.e. 192.168.0.0/24).  If your computer does not
accept DHCP protocol, please contact Mr. Harasaki for your IP address
assignment.  Setup microsoft network client and NetBIOS on a top of TCP/IP
protocol, because the file server is Unix machine with Samba daemon.The
workgroup and computer name of the file server is "itu-t" and "fileserver",
respectively.  The meeting site is connected to the Internet with 128Kbps
dedicated line.The router with network address translation and IP masquerade
functions will translate your private IP address to one from global IP
addresses allocated from an internet provider.

6. NAME TAGS

Rapporteur meeting participants are kindly requested to always put on the name
tag in YRP. Whenever entering YRP, the delegates are checked at the entrance.

7. PIGEONBOX

Documents and messages will be placed in the pigeonboxes in front of YRP Hall.
You can keep your documents during the meeting in your pigeon box.

8. BULLETIN BOARD SERVICE

The change of meeting schedule and other information is indicated on the
Bulletin Board in the lobby.

9. COPY SERVICE

Anyone who request making copies, please bring documents to the staff room on
the third floor.

10. BREAK

Beverage and Confectioneries are served in the lobby.

11. LUNCH

Lunch will be available at the restaurant "Roseteria", which is next to the
Ichibankan building.  (There are no restaurants near YRP)

12.RECEPTION

The delegates are invited to the following Reception.

          Wednesday, April 15, 1998

A tour bus will leave YRP at 18:00.  The party will be held in a casual seafood
restaurant in Yokoyama Bayside Marina.A tour bus will take you back to Yokosuka
Prince Hotel before 22:00.  The host organization is preparing the party for
all the participants.  If you will not attend the reception for some reasons,
please advise us on your registration.

13. MEDICAL CARE
For emergency medical care, please contact the Secretariat.

14. BANKING AND CREDIT CARDS

14-1    Banking
Most major banks have branches near your hotel.

You can exchange TC/foreign currency at
Yokosuka Prince Hotel   (Shioiri station)
Yokohama Bank           (Yokosuka-Chuo station)
Suruga Bank             (Yokosuka-Chuo station)

Banking hours:  9:00 - 15:00 on Monday to Friday
                closed on Saturdays and Sundays

Foreign currencies can be exchanged at the airport upon arrival.
Major hotels have foreign exchange facilities.

14-2    Credit Cards
CD is available at      Okadaya More's City:    VISA
        <The Shopping Center next Yokosuka-Chuo station (Keikyu Line)>

15. RESTAURANTS INFORMATION

See Appendix 3