Req: Clarification on fast setup

Pete Cordell pete.cordell at BT-SYS.BT.CO.UK
Tue Sep 23 12:27:35 EDT 1997

Pete,

Not to judge the merits of your argument, but I think that there is a
procedure problem.

H.245, H.225.0, and the H.450.x series of specification were closed
based on the input from Sun River.  I consider the introduction of new
feature requirement at this time is not acceptable.  Major additions
without a public hearing is not acceptable.  This mail exploder does not
constitute a public hearing.  These proposals should be for the next
version.

Yes, minor editorial changes can be made in the January Geneva meeting.
What you are proposing involves a major philosophical question, the
level of support for features outside of H.450.

Bob

Robert Callaghan
Siemens Business Communication Systems
Email:  Robert.Callaghan at Siemenscom.com