reRouteIndication

Pete Cordell pete.cordell at BT-SYS.BT.CO.UK
Mon Sep 22 06:56:49 EDT 1997

Joerg, Scott,

To clarify, dummy is a Hertzliya addition and nothing to do with
reRouteIndication.  It's needed because if you send a supplementary
service message in a FACILITY you may not want to invoke the
Facility-UUIE.  The optimum case would be to make the UUIE
h323-body-message part OPTIONAL, but this is not possible at this stage.
 Hence adding the dummy field.  As to the name....  dummy, empty,
emptyChoice, noChoice, blankChoice, void,... would be OK with me (I'm
sure we have bigger sins than this!).  As for text to describe the
field, maybe...

empty - This option is used when a FACILITY message is sent, but the
Facility-UUIE is not to be invoked.  This may occur when transporting
supplementary service messages.

reRouteIndication is a different issue.  As re-routing can take place
independent of supp services, it seems reasonable that an endpoint
should be able to get notification of this event independent of supp
services.

Pete
Pete Cordell
BT Labs