Call for Joint Researches

Doohyun Kim dhkim at hama.etri.re.kr
Thu Sep 18 08:16:29 EDT 1997

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are very pleased to contact you in terms of cooperation in the
teleconferencing area you are very actively involved in in terms of
creation of international standards.
Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute(ETRI) in Korea has
been on the development of not only T.120 but also H.323 during recent
three years. This project is planned to finish at the end of this year
and the technology transfer to industries will be started two months
before the end of the project.
Now we find that we need more study and development on T.130 which is
now being documented by the international standard body.
Korean government lately announced the plan for supporting of
international research with the fund of at most 1 million US$ per year
for the domestic organization participated in the project. The project
may continue three years.
In this background we are looking for partnership who would like to join
this new project and share the idea and technologies. However, each
organization should search for their own fund, but the technologies
developed are going to be shared between participants.
Our activities may include the development of the standard
specifications, the design and development of the software, and the
interoperability test.
We hope you to join this T.130 development project and share idea and
technologies.
We appreciate you in advance.

Sincerely Yours,

Sanghwan Kung

Head of Distributed Multimedia Research Section
Multimedia Department
Computer Research Division
ETRI

Tel : +82-42-860-6634