Problems with the ASN.1 Syntax in H.235

Jim Toga jtoga at ideal.jf.intel.com
Fri Oct 31 15:04:53 EST 1997

Claudio,

(Thanks for the comments)

Yes, I am aware of this syntax error.... in the rush to file the white
paper it snuck through.  It along with anything else will be corrected in
Geneva.

As for the second point, hmmm.....?  You are correct in that the
implication is that timeStamp and generalID are to be required for use in
the PwdCertToken.  I'll have to go back and look at the recommendation, but
I thought that the current construct implies that they must be present
(along with any other optional values desired).

If this is incorrect, it will certainly be fixed.

Regards,
jimt.