Registering gateway resources

Pete Cordell pete.cordell at BT-SYS.BT.CO.UK
Fri Oct 24 12:44:15 EDT 1997

Dear All,

When I register a gateway I have the opportunity to register a list of
base channel rates and a channel multiplier.  If I have a gateway that
has 10 2B H.320 interfaces, assuming I want to register the ports in the
same message, do I register it as:

10 instances of H.320 dataRatesSupported indicating channel rates of 64K
and channel multipliers of 2,

1 instance of H.320 dataRatesSupported with channel rates of 128K and
channel multiplier of 10?

The former isn't that scaleable for large systems with 100s of ports,
but does allow a gatekeeper to know that it might need two E.164 numbers
to make the connections.

As a side question, how do you signal that you have 10 384k channels
that can also be used as 30 128k channels?

Pete
Pete Cordell
BT Labs
E-Mail: pete.cordell at bt-sys.bt.co.uk