Fast Start issues

Tom Taylor Tom.Taylor.taylor at NT.COM
Thu Dec 18 12:34:02 EST 1997

I have what may be a simple-minded question relating to the availability
of media before CONNECT.  In a situation where the called party is on
the GSTN, the terminating switch may return announcements or tones under
some circumstances.  In an all-GSTN situation the caller would hear
these without getting billed.  As a typical example, an announcement
might inform the subscriber that "The number you have reached is not in
service".  Can we achieve this result with Fast Start, without
triggering billing?