Schedule for 14-25 Sep 1998 meeting of Study Group 16

Istvan Sebestyen istvan.sebestyen at MCH.PN.SIEMENS.DE
Tue Dec 16 05:22:16 EST 1997

At 14:58 15.12.1997 -0800, Toby Nixon wrote:
>At the IMTC VOIP Forum meeting last Friday, Jeff Pulver announced that he
>has planned next fall's VON conference for the week of September 14-18 in
>Washington DC. Apparently, he didn't know that there is a Study Group 16
>meeting planned for the same time slot. He's really in a bind, though,
>because of conflicts with other conferences and trade shows, holidays, etc.,
>and is very concerned that key SG16 participants won't be able to attend VON
>with the current schedule.
>
>What is the SG16 WP2 workload likely to be at that fall '98 meeting? Is it
>conceivable that we could schedule WP1 and WP3 meetings mostly in the first
>week, and meetings of WP2 and its questions mostly in the second week, so as
>to allow for participating in VON?
>
>        -- Toby
>Toby Nixon, Program Manager - NetMeeting
>http://www.microsoft.com/netmeeting
>Microsoft Corporation, Applications and Internet Client Group, Redmond  WA
>USA
>+1 (425) 936-2792     Fax: +1 (425) 936-7329    mailto:tnixon at microsoft.com

Toby,

to your question...

In my personal opinion WP2 will - as always be - very busy, and
occupied with much work. In addition you have to deduct the opening
ang closing Plenaries of the WPs and of SG16 (the later one about
1,5-2 days). So, in practice the question is if you can queeze WP2
work in 2,5-3 days (Monday-Wednesday 2nd week),
without giving time for preparation of reports,
documents, last minutes edits etc. for the closing plenaries.

In my opinion this will be very difficult.

Regards,

Istvan
Istvan Sebestyen                    Siemens AG
PN GS 94                            Mch H/1760/255
Tel:      +49-89-722 47230          Hofmannstr. 51
Fax:      +49-89-722 47713          D-81359 Munich, GERMANY
Internet: istvan.sebestyen at mch.pn.siemens.de (preferred)
          istvan.sebestyen at pn.siemens.de (Fall back only)
X.400:    c=de;a=dbp;p=scn;o=siemens;ou1=mch;ou2=PN-msmail;
          s=Sebestyen;g=Istvan

Note: Unfortunately - in practice - e-mails sent to me can
get lost or stay unread for a long time due to business trips.
So, for very important communication pls. send a "back-up" in fax.