Limitation of nonStandardData

Scott Petrack Scott_Petrack at VOCALTEC.COM
Tue Dec 2 05:06:46 EST 1997

This problem has bothered me for a long time. I considered many times
introducing into the VoIP Forum an OID which would be used precisely as Jim
suggests, so that the entire industry could signal a SEQUENCE of
NonStandardParameter.

One example of why this is necessary is so that when someone else uses our
stack we can both pass non-standard parameters.

Question to all "industry techie-leaders" (by definition people reading
this message ;-)). Is there any chance of gettting agreement on this or is
it too late? Of course we can do it privately (and we do), but it would be
very useful to have everyone do it together, no?

I would offer an OID in the VoIP forum's space, but I really could not care
less about ownership. If there is a way to put this into the standard, that
would be fantastic.

Scott

jtoga at ideal.jf.intel.com on 12/01/97 09:42:53 PM

Please respond to ITU-SG16 at mailbag.jf.intel.com