Docs for Decision (H.245, H.235, H.246, H.323)

Pete Cordell pete.cordell at BT-SYS.BT.CO.UK
Wed Dec 10 08:07:40 EST 1997

Gary, Dale,

Will we be determining anything at the Geneva meeting?  We are looking
at the idea of having the ability to open an HTTP logical channel as
part of our future developments.  This would be used to support the call
centre environment among other things.  At the most the thoughts are a
bit patching and more work needs to be done over the future study
period, but the idea would be to declare an HTTP transmit capability in
the cap set.  A server could then ask a client to open a HTTP session to
a particular address using the RequestMode message  which would contain
a URL.  Since HTTP transactions are typically not persistent, doing the
OLC signalling does not seem appropriate.  This might be controversial
so it would be good to start getting people used to the idea!!!

If no determination will be done, is it worth bringing things like this
along as informational contributions?

At some point we also want to get to grips with the intergatekeeper
stuff.  We see this as particularly useful for instances of 'trunking'
between gatekeepers and between gatekeepers and large gateways.

Also, what time frame would we be talking about for these sorts of
additions in the next release?  I suppose one affects H.245 and the
other H.323/H.225.

Thanks,

Pete
Pete Cordell