Contributions uploaded -- Please note some changes in Titles

Scott Petrack Scott_Petrack at VOCALTEC.COM
Mon Aug 25 17:20:49 EDT 1997

Okubo-san and SG16 colleagues,

I have uploaded all but one of our contributions. APC-1278 should be ready
within a day or two. I have altered a few of the titles from what I asked
of Okubo-san earlier. Okubo-san, if it is possible to change the titles in
the text file and the html file in accordance with the titles below, I
should be very grateful indeed. I am sorry for the trouble this might
cause.

APC-1273       A URL for H.323 Calls
APC-1274  A URL for RAS requests
APC-1275  ACF & LCF messages should contain Endpoint Type
APC-1276  Using the transport layer address within H.323 PDUs for
Transparent Firewall Operation
APC-1277  DTMF Signaling with H.323
APC-1278  Access Tokens within H.323 (to be uploaded soon)
APC-1279  Dynamic Change of IP Address in Registration
APC-1280  A Progress UUIE for Answer Supervision
APC-1281  ICF Message to Enable Reliability and Security
APC-1282  Announcing a Q.931 message within an IRR
APC-1283  H.245 Support for GSM Speech Codecs
APC-1284  Corrections to the Endpoint Structure

Here is a one-line summary of each contribution:

1.   APC-1273       A URL for H.323 Calls
               (A set of requirements for the H.323 URL and a proposal. Our
solution ensures that any remote info can be coded, but also allow for
user-friendly URLs where possible).

2.   APC-1274  A URL for RAS requests
               (A similar proposal for RAS requests. We need ras: URLs to
enable sending LRQs from Web Pages, and also to allow Web-based call
management).

3.APC-1275     ACF & LCF messages should contain Endpoint Type
               (Need to be able to tell if you?re calling a gateway or
terminal and which vendor and version)

4.APC-1276     Using the transport layer address within H.323 PDUs for
Transparent Firewall Operation
               (A PDU can set transport addresses to 0.0.0.0, meaning use
the address from the transport layer. Needed for transparent
proxies/firewalls/GKs and for apps that don?t know their own address).

5. APC-1277    DTMF Signaling with H.323
               (Contains a much simplified version of Microsoft's proposal
with similar semantics)

6.APC-1278     Access Tokens within H.323
               (The semantics of AccessTokens within H.323)

7.APC-1279     Dynamic Change of IP Address in Registration
               (reregistration in the event of an crash)

8.APC-1280     A Progress UUIE for Answer Supervision
               (To signal to caller that ?you can talk now?)

9.APC-1281     ICF Message to Enable Reliability and Security
               (An option to ack unsolicited IRRs)

10.APC-1282    Announcing a Q.931 message within an IRR
               (An option for direct calls to inform the GK that a message
was sent or received)

11.APC-1283    H.245 Support for GSM Speech Codecs
               (The audio caps structure for GSM)

12.APC-1284    Corrections to the Endpoint Structure
               (destExtraCallInfo and remoteExtensionAddress need to be
added to the Endpoint structure)

Note that 8,9, and 10 offer an alternative to Ascend?s contribution
(APC-1264) about "call accounting." We are very sympathetic to Ascend's
concern, but have real problems with their proposed solution. Our solution
contains theirs, but we believe avoids some pitfalls. Our contributions
were written before we saw APC-1264, but we added some text to relate them
directly to APC-1264.

Scott