[libsrtp] Question about AUTH_FAIL

lmcdasi at yahoo.com lmcdasi at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 19:33:39 EDT 2023

Hi,
   I have a question regarding error code AUTH_FAIL during srtp_unprotect. I'm using gstreamer to send srtp audio packets and during transmission I do have a 'pause/resume functionality.
   At pause the gst-launch cmd is terminated.
   At resume the gst-launch is restarted but by having a new SSRC (which is a mistake), while the srtp key remains the same and the sequence number is higher than the last one. I'm using:  AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_32

   Since the SSRC has changed, should't the srtp library return an AUTH_FAIL ? It does not complain that the SSRC has changed and I do not understand why.
   Thank you.
BR,Dan S.