[h323plus] GNU Gatekeer 5.2 released
jan at willamowius.de
Mon Mar 18 12:56:15 EDT 2019
I have just released GNU Gatekeeper version 5.2.
You can download it from https://www.gnugk.org/h323download.html
This release that has a rewritten networking implementation (aka
"large-fdset") that allows GnuGk to scale to higher numbers of calls
per server than previous versions.
This new implementation replaces the old hack to extend the select()
system call by using poll() which enables GnuGk to handle huge numbers
of sockets at the same time. The new implementation also works on
Windows, but has been tested mostly on the different Unix versions we
Please note that the relevant configure option when comping GnuGk
source code has changed to --enable-large-fdset. There is no need to
specify a maximum number of sockets any more.
This release also has a few bug fixes, eg. for using LUA scripts with
shared libraries and for memory leaks in the error handling of H.235
Whats new ?
- re-implement LARGE_FDSET using poll(), enable with configure
- ExternalIP is automatically added to the default domains
- support running LUA scripts that require dynamic libraries
- change default for [TLS] CipherList= to allow elliptical curve ciphers
- BUGFIX(gkauth.h) fix memory leak in H.235 password auth
- BUGFIX(gkacct.cxx) set known, but unavailable accounting parameters
to empty string
- BUGFIX(ProxyChannel.cxx) fix setting UDP source IP on Windows when
compiled for Vista or higher
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail : jan at willamowius.de
Relaxed Communications GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Jan Willamowius
HRB 125261 (Amtsgericht Hamburg)
More information about the h323plus