[h323plus] Avaya Authentication methods

Jan Willamowius jan at willamowius.de
Fri Jun 27 10:41:47 EDT 2014

Hi,

I was just discussing with Simon if anybody would need the Avaya
authentication procedures OID 1.3.14.3.2.6 and OID
2.16.840.1.114187.1.3 in H323Plus.

Both are said to be DES based, so they don't offer much security, but
they can be useful with legacy equipment.

I have an almost complete implementation for OID 1.3.14.3.2.6 in GnuGk,
that just needs a little fleshing out for the encryption part which
GnuGk doesn't need, before it can be moved into H323Plus.

For OID 2.16.840.1.114187.1.3 I have some stub code that allows
endpoints to register with GnuGk, but some crypto details are still
uncertain.

So, if anybody needs this stuff, please speak up. ;-)

Cheers,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan at willamowius.de
Website: http://www.gnugk.org
Support: http://www.willamowius.com/gnugk-support.html

Relaxed Communications GmbH