[h323plus] Using LibreSSL instead of OpenSSL with GnuGk / H323Plus / PTLib

Jan Willamowius jan at willamowius.de
Tue Jul 29 03:30:03 EDT 2014

Hi,

with the bugs recently found in OpenSSL, there is some concern how many
more issues still lurk in the old and crufty OpenSSL code. There is a
great effort by some OpenBSD developers to fork OpenSSL into
"LibreSSL" (www.libressl.org) and clean up the code while keeping the
public interface stable.

I did a quick check and can report that GnuGk / H323Plus / PTLib
compile well with LibreSSL instead of OpenSSL. All I had to do was
provide a pkg-config file. So now we have a choice which library to use.

I used LibreSSL Portable 2.0.3 for my test.

Another interesting project would be to use GnuTLS as a replacement,
but thats going to require a number of code changes on our side.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Willamowius, Founder of the GNU Gatekeeper Project
EMail  : jan at willamowius.de
Website: http://www.gnugk.org
Support: http://www.willamowius.com/gnugk-support.html

Relaxed Communications GmbH