[h323plus] Repository conversion

Francisco Olarte folarte at peoplecall.com
Thu Nov 14 06:14:08 EST 2013

Hello everybody.

After getting frustated with MY inability to view 'changesets' in the
CVS repository for h323plus I decided to give cvs2svn a try, just to
see how it came out.

I've done a rsync dump of the 59Mb cvs repo at sourceforce and did a
plain 'cvs2svn --encoding=latin_1', which seems seems to came out
nicely. I can to be comming out nicely, it generated a trunk, a
pboolean branch and several tags:

~/conv$ svn list file:///home/folarte/conv/h323plus-svn/branches
pboolean/
~/conv$ svn list file:///home/folarte/conv/h323plus-svn/tags
plus_1_20/
v04/
v1_19_5/
v1_19_6/
v1_19_7/
v1_20_0/
v1_20_1/
v1_20_2/
v1_21_0/
v1_22_0/
v1_23/
v1_24_0/
v1_25_0/
~/conv$ svn list file:///home/folarte/conv/h323plus-svn/trunk
CVSROOT/
applications/
extensions/
h323plus/

As it is it serves my needs ( helping me see related files for
backporting things into releases, and given the time it took I can
), but, as I think developers must be somehow familiar with
subversion, ( as ptlib and lots of other projects use it )  I wonder
if someone will be interested in converting the main repo. In this
case I can try to build and tune a conversion script for better
processing of things like the CVSROOT scripts and build a svn dump
which could be tested and, if desired, imported.

Francisco Olarte