[h323plus] h323plus not load h264 plugin

Simon Horne s.horne at spranto.com
Tue Jan 22 01:28:30 EST 2013

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been travelling.
I would guess you are missing avcore-0.dll from FFMPEG.

Here is a quick tutorial on debugging codecs. Use Simple

Enable this code at the start of SimpleH323Endpoint::initialise().
  PDirectory DefaultDir = PProcess::Current().GetFile().GetDirectory();
  PPluginManager & pluginMgr = PPluginManager::GetPluginManager();
  pluginMgr.LoadPluginDirectory(DefaultDir);

Start simple with trace level 5 (-ttttt -o<filenane>.txt). This will output
the plugin directory search and initialisation code and indicate whether the
plugin xxx_ptplugin.dll is found and perhaps why the codec is not loaded.

If it is found but nothing is loading create an environment variable
PTLIB_TRACE_CODECS set the value to 5. Start Simple again and you should see
debug information from the plugins in the simple console window.

I hope that helps

Simon