[h323plus] Help About Add H.264 Capability

Simon Horne s.horne at packetizer.com
Fri Sep 2 18:51:27 EDT 2011

I’m confused, why would you not use the H.264 codec plugin in the plugin directory?

You will need to compile both the helper and library and you will need FFMPEG and X264. Drop the helper executable and .so or .dll (with FFMEG/X264) into your application directory or set the PTLIBPLUGINDIR environmental variable.

If you are using windows you can use this precompiled version.

http://www.h323plus.org/source/download/ffmpeg_x264.zip

There has been some reports that x264 v107 is a little buggy but if you compile with a version between 101 and 106 that you should be fine.

Simon