[h323plus] OpenMCU not using video codecs

Simon Horne s.horne at packetizer.com
Thu Nov 24 13:14:06 EST 2011

Victor

Video codecs are plugins (external libraries) and H.263 and H.264 have
dependencies that are required before they will build.

H.261

No dependencies. Make sure your copy the plugin to the same directory (or
subDir) as the executable or set the PTLIBPLUGINDIR environmental variable
to point to where the *plugin.so resides.

H.263

Dependency FFMPEG

for debian based systems

sudo apt-get install libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavcodec-dev

Goto H.261

H.264

Dependency FFMPEG (decode) and X264 (encode)

for debian based systems

sudo apt-get install libx264-dev

Goto H.263

Rerun ./configure and the codecs should then be available. Do a Make and the
the *plugin.so should be in the h323plus/plugins directory. Copy them from
there.

H.264 also has a *helper.so file which needs to be copied as well. This
*MUST* be in the same directory as the executable. It does not understand
the PTLIBPLUGINDIR environmental variable.

You should then be good to go.

To debug the codecs set the environmental variable PTLIB_TRACE_CODECS=4

You should see in the console the initial tests to check that all the
dependencies are found at startup.

Simon