[h323plus] Dropped H323 packets

Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:37:23 EDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 03:27 PM, Simon Horne wrote:
> H323plus does not maintain conntrack h323.  If you are using H.460.18/19 you
> do not need the NAT assistant services (ALG) of conntrack.  In fact the
> problem might simply be the ALG is getting in the way. I recommend it be
> turned off or you disable H.460.18/.19.  Don't have both running.
Yes, you're correct.

I know conntrack is maintained in the kernel, just wondering if anyone
had ever seen anything like this and knew of a workaround.   H460.18/19
is designed to get around this and conntrack is getting in the way.  I
can't remove the module unfortunately.

The ironic thing is, the module, which is clearly meant to help h323
applications, is at this point causing us nothing but problems.

-Dennis