[h323plus] RTP Packet Issue

kc ooi kcooi12345 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 02:41:46 EST 2011

Dear H323plus Team members,

   Recently, I have done H.323 testing (simple conference
without presentation channel opened) and captured the video packets using
wireshark.

>  I found that when both endpoints are polycom PVX system, there are extra
> video packets (ie. coded slice data partition A, coded slice of an IDR
> picture, and subsequent ..,) with difference with dynamic payload type value
> (eg. actual video payload type is 109, it has payload type 99)  tranferring
> to each other site during conference.

    It will not happened if either site using other H.323 system(not polycom
system).

    What is the purpose of this packet as It seems like the received site
can form even a complete picture?

 Thanks.