[h323plus] RTP Issue using H323plus

kcooi12345 at gmail.com kcooi12345 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 04:42:01 EDT 2011

Dear H323plus Member,

Recently, I found a RTP issue that happened in H323plus v.1.22.0(The
version I used).

During all the testing, I used wireshark to capture RTP video packets
and check for its timestamps, sequence numbers and other information.

whenever the received RTP video packets is coming in unorder sequence
number(eg. seq 0, seq 1, seq 3, seq 2, seq 4, and etc), the received
packets that passed to video codec(eg. H.264 codec) for decoding will
be seq 0, seq 1, seq 3, and seq 4 and etc.

The RTP packet with seq 2 will be missing(not passed to decoder for
decoding) if seq 3 which is larger is received before this.

Anyone knows why this happened?

Thanks.