[h323plus] [Opalvoip-devel] error H.263

Simon Horne s.horne at packetizer.com
Fri Feb 25 05:40:01 EST 2011

Craig

I missed this...Wow!
Sorry I must of missed typed. Sorry openh323.
H323plus uses much of the same code base and front end api ie
H323EndPoint::OpenVideoChannel (which was the context of the comment) etc as
openh323. Existing OpenH323 applications like YATE and GnuGk still work with
h323plus.  Opal interface has evolved differently over time.  It is true
h323plus plugin video api has its roots in Opal which were ported over a few
years ago. For sometime after that the api's were identical which I helped
maintain but things deviated over time.  It happens. There was no malice or
inference intended.

Don't think for one minute I'm claiming anything over anything.  In 2007 a
decision was made that forced a split in the develop paths (and ultimate
demise) of OpenH323. A group of developers went a different path and few
chose another direction. We all come from the same origins.  OpenH323...

Sorry Craig if there was any claim or inference it was not intended. You
kept OpenH323 alive for many years and both communities should be very
thankful of the tremendous effort you put in sometimes in the most difficult
of circumstances I'm certainly am sorry for my poor judgment in wording
offended.

Simon