[h323plus] Question regarding g711Alaw codec and preferred packet size

Mark Fawcett mark.fawcett at noakesltd.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 07:36:32 EST 2011

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for the uber-fast response. As always with these things I then immediately found a way of doing this (after going down several wrong roads!) using the following in a derived H323Endpoint class (obviously I may well be doing this wrongly but it seemed to work):

	// We only do alaw
	H323_G711Capability *newCodec = new H323_G711Capability(H323_G711Capability::ALaw);
	newCodec->SetTxFramesInPacket(20);
	SetCapability(0, 0, newCodec);
	AddAllUserInputCapabilities(0, 1);

As you rightly say there is a new release 12/01/2011 - teach me for not looking first!

I presume you would recommend I move to the new version anyway?

Many thanks as always.

Cheers

Mark