[h323plus] Using a gatekeeper without registration ARQ/DRQ messages only

Simon Horne s.horne at packetizer.com
Wed Nov 10 08:18:38 EST 2010

Mark

Don't use SetAssignedGatekeeper() this function required H.323v6 compliance
which most endpoints don't support. Use AlternateGatekeeper instead.

AS far as I am aware it is not valid to only handle ARQ/DRQ and not the
registration tho' I would need to read the standard to be certain.  GnuGk
which is based on H323plus has the ability to handle unregistered calls. It
does so by creating a listener on TCP 1720 and rewriting the destination
address (much like an ARQ/ACF function) of the setup message and forwarding
on the Call signaling messages to the required destination.  There is no
registration, all calls are made to the same address and the gatekeeper
interprets the destination field to determine where to route the call. The
client dials destination@{gk ip} or  {g kip}##destination and the gatekeeper
does the rest.

I would suggest creating a TCP 1720 listener and creating a lightweight
endpoint and  H323Connection and rewriting addresses and forwarding on the
H.225 Messages.

Simon