[h323plus] RES: h323plus working plugins

Carlos Haj unazona at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 26 06:44:17 EST 2010

Hello,

I noticed that encoder_set_options of h263-ffmpeg plugin only works
while codec initialising. So if you are interested to change bandwidth
or quality setting during a videocall you must modify the plugin.

in encoder_set_options: add

  context->Lock();

  context->CloseCodec();

/* here options changing ... */

  context->OpenCodec();

  context->Unlock();

Then add two function Lock and UnLock to H263_Base_EncoderContext with
a mutex to ensure no encoding frames while openning or closing a codec!

    CriticalSection _mutex;

    void Lock() { _mutex.Wait(); }

    void Unlock() { _mutex.Signal(); }

Add a mutex signal to the beginning of

H263EncoderContext::~H263EncoderContext()

{

  WaitAndSignal m(_mutex);

/* function code...*/

and

int H263EncoderContext::EncodeFrames(const BYTE * src, unsigned
& srcLen, BYTE * dst, unsigned & dstLen, unsigned int &
flags)

{

      WaitAndSignal m(_mutex);

/* function code...*/

So the parameters of ffmepg h263 become usable at least!

Anyone tried with h263-1998 ? I'm still not able to make it working for
h323 for same reasons I mentioned in my first post. Could be
interesting to share some ideas!

Greetings,

Carlo