[h323plus] Adding H263 codec to openmcu

Michael Bondi mike at bridgeconference.co.za
Fri Jan 8 05:02:11 EST 2010

Hi all and Happy 2010!

This may have been asked before, but I cannot help myself but to ask again.

I have compiled ptlib 2.4.5 and h323plus 1.21 and openmcu 2.2.5 on a
Debian 5 machine.

I am able to connect and hear the tones and message for connecting but
am unable to get video on the screen.

I have tried compiling h323plus with only the 0.4.7 ffmpeg libavcodec.so
placed in a directory /root/codec and compiled with ./configure
--enable-rfc2190avcodec=/root/ffmpeg switch, all compiles fine, but
still no h.263 video. Is there any more I need to do here?

Also, I am getting confused where to unpack and install the a/v plugins
from file http://www.h323plus.org/source/download/plugins-v1_21_0.tar.gz

Thanks

Mike