[h323plus] crash when SessionID=0

Marek Domaracky domarack at cern.ch
Wed Aug 18 09:21:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm working on H.239 implementation and find out that devices might ask
SessionID=0 for a new video channel. In particular I did a test with
Mirial.
I was checking the  thread
http://lists.packetizer.com/pipermail/h323plus/2009-December/001269.html
and it's mentioned that the SessionID=0 is invalid.
I know it's not following the standard as for RTPSession  the range is
from 1..255, but for compatibility, don't you think we should allow it?
I did a test call from Mirial to Tandberg and Tandberg didn't have a
problem with it.
The lines involved are
rtp.cxx
from  PAssert(id > 0 && id < 256, PInvalidParameter); to PAssert(id >= 0
&& id < 256, PInvalidParameter);
and
h323.cxx
  // We must have a valid sessionID
   if (sessionID < 1 || sessionID > 255) to if (sessionID < 0 ||
sessionID > 255)

Thanks,

Marek