[h323plus] H264 PLUGIN in H323Plus

Simon Horne s.horne at packetizer.com
Mon Nov 23 01:45:03 EST 2009

The single NAL mode of RFC3984 (or H.241 Annex A) is the default method in
H.323 but is not the only method under the standard.

These are exchanged and negoitated via the MediaPacketizationCapability of
the OLC or TCS

H264 Annex A  "0.0.8.241.0.0.0.0"

RFC3984 NonInterleaved "0.0.8.241.0.0.0.1"

RFC3984 Interleaved "0.0.8.241.0.0.0.2"

from H.241 7.1
To avoid IP-layer packet fragmentation (which may increase header overhead
and the probability of loss due to errors), H.264 NAL Units should be
substantially shorter than the MTU size of the network. For example, on an
Ethernet network with a 1472 byte MTU, a 1200 byte NAL Unit allows for
addition of considerable header overhead without exceeding the MTU size of
the network.

I hope that helps

Simon

  _____