[h323plus] H323plus v 1.22 and ptlib 2.6.5

Sebastian Peschko speschko at prvmexico.com
Thu Nov 12 09:06:50 EST 2009

I wonder if someone can help out here. I am having trouble with Asterisk
Crashes caused by libpt and openh323 where I am using Asterisk 1.6.2rc5
and h323plus v1.19.0Beta7 and ptlib v1.12.0. In this config when
compiling the 2 packages and then doing a make in the asterisk H323
directory it automatically activates the chan_h323 in the Menuselect
options of Asterisk and allows me to compile asterisk with h323plus
support.

The problem I am having is that I am registering with a Nortel H323
GateKeeper and when this looses the registry for some or other reason as
a backup I send the calls using a Gateway directly to the Nortel PBX.
With this configuration in v1.4.23 it was working perfecttly with
openh323 v1.18.0 and pwlib v1.10.3. The problem came when because of
issues with openmfcr2 I needed to upgrade to 1.6 for the embedded openr2
support.

For this reason I am no trying to compile Asterisk 1.6.2.0rc5 with the
latest h323plus v1.22.0 and ptlib 2.6.5. At the moment once these 2
packages are compiled it does not allow me to activate or select
chan_h323 in the Asterisk "make menuselect". How can this be activated?

I hope someone can help.

Sebastian