[h323plus] mute/unmute

Marcos Fábio Jardini marcos.f.jardini at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 05:24:35 EST 2009

Hi Marcus

  If I remember well, when working on my projects,
P(Input/Output)(Audio/Video)Devide have the signatures for 'pause'. But the
basic implememtation return TRUE and does nothing.

 You need implement what pause will do. For some codecs you can simple stop
sending data therefore stoping the RTP engine, some times you don't wanna
drop the assigned network bandwidth and use silence packets or dummy packets
(some plugins don't accept or have the resource of silency packets).

Summarizing, you need to implement such feature, perphaps looking at Ekiga
and like applications source code.

Regards,
Eng. Marcos F. Jardini

--