[h323plus] GPL awareness week

Jan Willamowius jan at willamowius.de
Mon Dec 7 09:32:24 EST 2009

Hi,

as most of you probably know, the GNU Gatekeeper is covered by the GNU
Public license (GPL v2).

Using GnuGk commercially is fine and it is also no problem to include it
into commercial offerings as long as long as the proper credit is given
and the modified source code is made available. Usually this works out
fine, but sometimes a vendor needs a friendly reminder.

So I would like to start a "GPL awareness week" where we all keep an
open eye which products include the GNU Gatekeeper and check if they
give credit and if the source code is available.

I started a page to publish the code patches from vendors who bundle
GnuGk at
http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-bundle.html

If you know more applications that ship with GnuGk or have questions
about the licensing details, please contact me off list.

Let make sure everybody who uses GnuGk knows about it and enjoys the
full benefits that the GPL guarantees!

Regards,
Jan

--