[h323plus] compiling h323 on Fedora 12

mimiller at ncsa.illinois.edu mimiller at ncsa.illinois.edu
Tue Dec 1 17:53:29 EST 2009

I've compiled PTLib on Fedora 12 and all went well.  But when compiling h323, it can't find the ptlib files it needs.  Below is a listing of what I did and some results along the way.  Let me know what I'm doing wrong.

thanks

Michael

   21  mkdir sources
   22  cd sources/
   24  svn co http://opalvoip.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opalvoip/ptlib/trunk ptlib
   25  svn co http://opalvoip.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opalvoip/opal/trunk opal
   27  sudo yum install bison
   28  sudo yum install flex
       cd ptlib
   34  ./configure --enable-debug
   35  make debug
   36  sudo make install
*******error can't find libpt_s.a
   37  ls lib_linux_x86/
   40  cp lib_linux_x86/libpt_d_s.a lib_linux_x86/libpt_s.a
   41  sudo make install
*******PTLib appears to be installed in /usr/local/lib
   42  cd ..
   43  cd opal/
   46  export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
   48  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
   49  export PTLIBPLUGINDIR=/usr/local/lib/ptlib-2.7.1
   53  export PTLIBDIR=/usr/local/lib/
   54  ./configure --enable-debug
*******
CXXFLAGS: -felide-constructors -Wreorder
DEBUG:    -L/usr/local/lib -lpt_d
RELEASE:  -L/usr/local/lib -lpt
checking ptlib version... 2.7.1
configure: error: Could not find a linkable ptlib in specified environment to verify symbols (debug ptlib: yes)
*******
   62  sudo ln -s /home/mimiller/sources/ptlib/lib_linux_x86 /usr/local/lib/ptlibdir
   64  export PTLIBDIR=/usr/local/lib/ptlibdir
   65  cd ~/sources/opal/
   66  ./configure --enable-debug
*******
CXXFLAGS: -felide-constructors -Wreorder
DEBUG:    -L/usr/local/lib -lpt_d
RELEASE:  -L/usr/local/lib -lpt
checking ptlib version... 2.7.1
configure: error: Could not find a linkable ptlib in specified environment to verify symbols (debug ptlib: yes)
*******
   77  export PTLIBDIR=/usr/local/lib
   78  ./configure --enable-debug
*******
CXXFLAGS: -felide-constructors -Wreorder
DEBUG:    -L/usr/local/lib -lpt_d
RELEASE:  -L/usr/local/lib -lpt
checking ptlib version... 2.7.1
configure: error: Could not find a linkable ptlib in specified environment to verify symbols (debug ptlib: yes)
*******
   80  sudo cp  /home/mimiller/sources/ptlib/lib_linux_x86/*.* /usr/local/lib/ptlib-2.7.1/
   83  export PTLIBDIR=/usr/local/lib/ptlib-2.7.1
   84  set
   85  ./configure --enable-debug
*******
CXXFLAGS: -felide-constructors -Wreorder
DEBUG:    -L/usr/local/lib -lpt_d
RELEASE:  -L/usr/local/lib -lpt
checking ptlib version... 2.7.1
configure: error: Could not find a linkable ptlib in specified environment to verify symbols (debug ptlib: yes)
*******

  106  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at h323plus.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/h323plus login
  110  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at h323plus.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/h323plus co h323plus
  112  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at h323plus.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/h323plus co extensions
  113  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at h323plus.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/h323plus co applications
  115  export PTLIBDIR=/usr/local/lib
  116  cd h323plus/
*******
configure: gcc version is 4.4.2
checking if gcc version is valid... yes
checking for working bit scan intrinsic... yes
configure: Opal version is 3.7.1
checking where plugins are being installed... /usr/local/lib/opal-3.7.1
checking wether to build a shared library... yes
checking Debugging support... no
Found PTLIB in PTLIBDIR /home/mimiller/sources/ptlib/
Version:  2.7.1
CFLAGS:   -DPTRACING=1 -D_REENTRANT -fno-exceptions -I/usr/local/include
CXXFLAGS: -felide-constructors -Wreorder
DEBUG:    -L/usr/local/lib -lpt_d
RELEASE:  -L/usr/local/lib -lpt
checking ptlib version... 2.7.1
configure: error: Could not find a linkable ptlib in specified environment to verify symbols (debug ptlib: no)
*******
  118  ./configure
  119  export PTLIBDIR=/home/mimiller/sources/ptlib/
  120  ./configure
*******
configure: gcc version is 4.4.2
checking if gcc version is valid... yes
checking for working bit scan intrinsic... yes
configure: Opal version is 3.7.1
checking where plugins are being installed... /usr/local/lib/opal-3.7.1
checking wether to build a shared library... yes
checking Debugging support... no
Found PTLIB in PTLIBDIR /home/mimiller/sources/ptlib/
Version:  2.7.1
CFLAGS:   -DPTRACING=1 -D_REENTRANT -fno-exceptions -I/usr/local/include
CXXFLAGS: -felide-constructors -Wreorder
DEBUG:    -L/usr/local/lib -lpt_d
RELEASE:  -L/usr/local/lib -lpt
checking ptlib version... 2.7.1
configure: error: Could not find a linkable ptlib in specified environment to verify symbols (debug ptlib: no)
*******

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even more." -Paul Debevec