[h323plus] Behavior on VideoInputDevice

Marcos Fábio Jardini marcos.f.jardini at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 08:24:06 EDT 2009

Hello everybody

  I just managed get some time to back to H323Plus code.

  Successfully compiled PTLib, H323Plus, Plugins, OpenMCU and
SimplePlus near without modification, only one of plugins come with a
PBollean type not found but easy fixed, I'll do the compilation again
to confirm wich archive is and report back soon.

  I'm using a full instalation of Visual Studio 2008 Pro SP1 (embeded
Windows SDK 6.0A instaled)

  For who having problems, put in the enviroment:
PWLIB_CONFIGURE_EXCLUDE_DIRS,  with the paths:

* C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v5.0
* C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\smartdevices\sdk
* C:\Program Files\Windows mobile 5.0 SDK r2

  This prevents pre-compilation step, Configure.exe, to search for
extensions on wrong paths (Atention! if you are compiling for Windows
Mobile remember to remove "C:\Program Files\Windows mobile 5.0 SDK r2"
from exclusion search path)

  But I figured a behaviour: VideoTest from PTLib can find and use the
WebCam with the "DirectShow" and "*" key search string in
getDriversDevices. But SimplePlus not. If you start a new Solution to
mimic VideoTest you will get the same bahaviour. Because VideoTest is
marked dependency on PTLib on the build tree something getting wrong
on projects outside PTLib Solution.

   I'll investigate, and try search for more clues. Just reporting to
see if others having the same issue.

Regards.
Eng. Marcos F. Jardini

--