[h323plus] how to support directshow

Marcos Fábio Jardini marcos.f.jardini at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 07:58:53 EST 2008

Searching in the source of PWLib and on comments on the internet, I
discourage the use of DirectSound for now...
>> No DirectShow code yet on sources and DirectShow being replaced by DXVA
(DirectX Video Acceleration)
>> DirectSound being replace by XNA Audio: XACT2 (Cross Audio Creation Tool
2)
>> Windows Vista and .Net 3.5 (WDDM drivers) fallback to software mixer
until specific accelarated drivers are made by vendors

Installing 2Gb of DirectX old SDK (today is november_dx10 SDK, dx11 preview)
only to have access to sound is a pain....

Other thing: adding the Error String header or Util header to the production
code implies in redistribute of the dx#.dll. It is a back of the  DLL Hell
pain because each year 2 or 3 versions of SDK are made, many versions
of dx#.dll are avaible (four versions -or more- for DX9SDK, for example
fev., ago., oct., nov.)

PS.: Now I remembered, really the source for PWLib can be the h323plus site,
no CVS repository for that.

--
-----
Jogue RPG, alimente o lado criativo!