[h323plus] Master/Slave and SessionIDs

Niek Kooij n.kooij at triple-it.nl
Fri May 16 08:49:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to get the h224/h281 data channel to work with Tandberg
equipment and ran into some problems. It turns out this has to do with
sessionId's. The current implementation lets the connection/endpoint
create an h281handler which will handle both in- and outgoing h224 RTP.
The problem is that my H323Endpoint will usually begin with opening the
logical channel and assigns DefaultH224SessionID = 4 as sessionID. Later
on the Tandberg endpoint wants to open a channel but then with sessionId
3! This results in the construction of a new RTP_Session which will
never be used (cause the h281handler is allready constructed and has its
RTP_Session set).
Can anybody tell me what the "right" way would be to solve this problem?
Should the incoming and outgoing h224 channels have the same sessionID?
My current solution is to change DefaultH224SessionID to 3 but this will
probably result into problems when more data channels need to be
openend...

Thanks,

Niek