[h323plus] DirectShow support (was Problem with Logitech camera)

JF NP jfnp090274 at yahoo.es
Fri Jan 18 05:31:27 EST 2008

Hi, Simon:

First of all, thank you for your help. I summarize my
current status as follows:

1. If I download the latest version of PTLIb from SVN,
builds fine (i suppose that has DirectShow support
enabled for Windows native), But when I try to compile
H323PLus (either the official release or the one from
CVS) it gives me compile errors.
2. If I get the official release of PTLib (with
support for DirectShow only for MINGW), but "patched"
with the configure.ac file from the SVN, it compiles
and detects and enables DirectShow. I can also compile
both H323PLus (official) and Simple and MyPhone2. I've
also added the vidinput_directx.* to the PTLib Static
project, because they are not included by default. And
also, I've removed some __MINGW__ defines to allow the
DirectShow code to run in Windows native. All of this
seems to work fine. But when MyPhone2 or Simple tried
to open the Input Device, they cannot do it because in
the method PPluginManager::GetPluginsDeviceNames(),
the line PDevicePluginServiceDescriptor * descr =

(PDevicePluginServiceDescriptor
*)GetServiceDescriptor(serviceName, serviceType);
 always return NULL. It seems that I have to do
something more in order to register the DirectShow
video input device driver. doesn´t  it?

I know that all of this problems are due to my
"hacking" of the PTLib code to "force" DirectShow
support in Windows native. You said in a previous
message that you planned to release an official
version of PTLib with DirectShow support in Windows
native "in a couple of weeks". Do you think that is
better for me to wait for this official release? Are
you close to release that version?

BTW, I've managed to "fix" the CVideoOutputDevice in
MyPhone2 using code from PVideoOutputDevice_Window. It
works fine in CIF and QCIF, but I have to fix the
"PinP mode" for local video when using CIF. How could
I contribute this fix?

Best retgards,

http://es.promotions.yahoo.com/revelacion2007/favoritos/
>     > >