[h323plus] Multicast

Troy blindDrop at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 28 00:56:53 EDT 2008

Thanks for your input Marcos.

I have already looked at OpenMCU but it seems to be too different from
what is required for a decentralised conference.  As I recall, the
signalling involved in OpenMCU is the default behaviour of the base
classes for the most part.  It wasn't clear to me how to change the
signalling to identify distributed multicast but I'm still researching
this.

But the biggest question I have is how difficult it will be to add
multicast capability to the library.  Is it as simple as joining a
multicast group if the network address is a multicast address and having
everything else basically just work (same code to send/receive on an
established multicast socket as for a UDP unicast socket) or is there
more to it than that... maybe some additional management associated with
H.323/H.245/H225.0/???? under this circumstance?

So nobody else can provide any pointers/opinions?

Troy.