[h323plus] Multicast

Junk-Mail Wastebasket blindDrop at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 18 13:55:19 EDT 2008

Greetings H323Plus devs.

I have need of an ability to support a conference where each end-point can/will manipulate the audio stream coming from every other end-point based on some data associated with each end-point.  To me, it seems like each end-point should multicast the audio stream and possibly the data that each other end-point will use to modify the audio stream.  Each end-point should listen for multicasts associated with the conference and modify and mix the streams as required based on the data.  From my internet searches, this seems to be more or less the classic decentralised/distributed multipoint conference.

I have attempted to search the mailing list archives and code for how to do this with H323 Plus and have found that the capability appears to be lacking.  Although I am willing to work on developing this capability, I am far from expert on H323 (Plus or otherwise) or VoIP and would need some strong pointers from those of you who are expert.  I would appreciate some input on how best to proceed to get the functionality for which I'm looking.

Your suggestions would be most welcome,

Troy.