[h323plus] H323AudioCodec::SetRawDataHeld

Sébastien Annedouche sannedouche at c3t.fr
Fri Nov 9 12:49:21 EST 2007

I'm sorry but I definitely don't understand what you mean when you say
'the timedmutex is there to avoid locks'.
Which kind of lock ? The PTimedMutex is a local variable here and I
can't understand its purpose...
I would really appreciate your explanation because my C++ skill doesn't
allow me to find the answer :-)

The hold function works fine most of the time but it happens to hang or
to be slowed.
It is quite os-dependent : on my XP box, it's hard to make it fail but
very easy on vista. I also encoutered such starvations on linux.

A patch could be to set an indirect channel on the codec and, when
holding/retrieving the call, using this indirect channel to swap instead
of asking the codec. No ?

Thanks for your answer!

Sebastien