[h323plus] [Openh323-devel] [Openh323gk-developer] [Opalvoip-devel]opalvoip vs h323plus

Simon Horne s.horne at packetizer.com
Sun Nov 4 01:59:19 EST 2007

Robert

Let me clear something up. GnuGk has numerous new features with the h323plus
library over the openh323 library including H.350 LDAP, H.341 SNMP and
numereous H.460 features including H.460.9 real-time Qos measurements,
H.460.followme and the latest H.460 NAT Traversal technology P2Pnat Media
and Presence implementation which should be available in the v2.2.8 release.
The project is continuing it's evolutionary development just fine without
the need for Opal.

I wish to caution you on misleading people. Opal currently, as far as I
know, has no additional H.323 features over the existing openh323 library
(aside the video plugins support) unless I'm mistaken looking at the SVN I
can't see anything new?. While h323plus which has been developed over the
last 12 months as a branch of openh323 and has a substantial array, as
mentioned previously, of new features http://www.h323plus.org/standards/
most of which are not currently available in OpalVoIP.

Now, as I said before, you are quite welcome to port any of these ideas to
Opal but to infer the latest wizzbang H.323 stuff is in Opal (at least at
the moment) is being misleading...

I carefully remind you that the decision to fork Opal out of OpenH323 was
yours and Craig's decision and you did so with your eyes wide open and the
subsequent malee that has ensued as a result is something we will all have
to live and deal with. On that note, I strongly suggest, as I hinted before,
we bring this discussion to a permanent close.

Simon