[h323plus] Introducing PBoolean - API change alert!!!

Simon Horne s.horne at packetizer.com
Tue Nov 20 06:59:46 EST 2007

Craig

I think we all are in agreement.

Inline...

Great!

>     - A runtime symbol that indicates whether the new PBoolean type is
> being used
>
> If this is the case, then I see no problem.

This is there so even if the existing code is not updated a simple
compilation chech can advise the developer to use the backwards compatible
compilation.

> > 2. The ASN.1 compiler is changed to PBoolean (I don't know
> whether that has
> > been done yet?). There certainly is a few ASN.1 files that need
> reparsing.
>
> It's simple find and replace. I've just checked in a new version of
> ASNParser that uses and outputs PBoolean.

Great! Should we reparse or just globally replace the asnparser generated
.h/.cxx files? I suppose it doesn't matter...

> > 3. A clear ptlib version this will become effective of so we
> can all sync
> > together to make a smooth transition. Next monday is a little
> short notice
> > :)
>
> Understood

Set a ptlib version number for the transition and a few weeks to get things
in order and lets do it. Jan and I can work together to ensure things go
smoothly.

Simon
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
7:05 PM