[h323plus] Introducing PBoolean - API change alert!!!

Simon Horne s.horne at packetizer.com
Mon Nov 19 13:07:59 EST 2007

Jan

A quick check of GnuGk head shows 53 BOOL. Most of them are virtual of
pwlib/openH323 code. Not too much trouble.
h323plus shows 4,650 BOOL  :)

I am certainly supportive of moving everything over to PBoolean as long as.
1. We have a compile directive (which I think was mentioned) that subclasses
PBoolean of BOOL instead of bool and that directive is available to derived
applications so they can detect which PBoolean is actually being used
independent of the ptlib version so legacy code can still run OK with newer
versions of ptlib and as Jan mentioned we can add a typedef PBoolean BOOL
for legacy compilations of GnuGk.
2. The ASN.1 compiler is changed to PBoolean (I don't know whether that has
been done yet?). There certainly is a few ASN.1 files that need reparsing.
3. A clear ptlib version this will become effective of so we can all sync
together to make a smooth transition. Next monday is a little short notice
:)

Anyway if I get sometime this week I'll check out the ptlib branch and
produce a h323plus branch and just see what breaks :).

Simon