[h323plus] OpalCall Concept Question

Simon Horne s.horne at packetizer.com
Wed Nov 7 02:19:14 EST 2007

Craig

As you are probably aware we will be taking the existing openMCU in a
slightly different direction. Having the conference controlled from within
the conference itself. Using the recently added H.230 conference control
support in h323plus to be able to use H.245 generic messages to assign a
chair who can invite/eject users, transfer chair controls to others. Member
lists can be seen by everyone. A member can be assigned the floor who has
limited control like being able to takeover the MCU display and switch the
video input from the primary video to the secondary app share input for
presentations. Since this developed with the existing openMCU,
implementations should be able to migrate/upgrade to include these new
features.

Similar but different ideas on direction. :-)

Simon