[aescrypt] Another potentially widely useful UI feature.

Kaz Kylheku kaz at kylheku.com
Thu Sep 5 22:55:21 EDT 2013

How about a way to verify one's knowledge of a key without doing the
actual bulk decryption.

Suppose I have an .aes file and I would like to answer the question
"Does this file have the password that I think it has?" without actually
decrypting the file.

Furthermore, there could be an optional checkbox on this UI to actually
do bulk-decrypt the file to verify its integrity, but without creating
an output file.

These tools could be used, for instance, by Bob to confirm to Alice that
a file (which is to be processed by Bob at some later date) was
correctly received.

Cheers ...