[aescrypt] Wish-list item 6, securely erase old file

Markus Michael Rau markusmichael.rau at gmail.com
Wed May 29 08:14:39 EDT 2013

Hi,

first of all, I'm Markus and I'm a graduate student at the LMU munich.
My topic is weak lensing and data analysis, so have mercy with me.

I like your tool pretty much and want to ask if I can contribute to
the software.

I'm personally interested in a way to delete the old source files.
What do I have to do? Just overwrite the old file with random numbers?
How often I have to overwrite? Is it dependent whether I overwrite
onto an usb stick or a hard drive?

Has anybody information about that or has knowledge in computer forensics?

Take care,

Markus