[aescrypt] Updates to AES Crypt for Windows

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Sat Nov 28 05:57:29 EST 2009

Folks,

Over the weekend, I updated the AES Crypt code for windows.  I did several
things:

.         Created a native Windows console application that is not dependent
on cygwin (this is just a modified version of the Linux code)

.         Updated the icons used in all version

.         Included the console application with both the 32-bit and 64-bit
builds

.         Corrected the installation directory used in the 64-bit version
posted previously (the 64-bit code was installing in the 32-bit directory)

.         Revised the version number to be 3.06

As a part of the revision to the icon, I tried (without success) to
implement context-menu icon that is transparent.  Apparently, I did not
properly create device contexts, perform a TransparentBlt() correctly, or
something: all I got was a black square.  So, the icon is left as a bitmap
as before with a white background.

If you of you know how to improve this, I'd welcome the input :-)

Paul

PS - I only tested the new console application just a little.  It did seem
to encode and decode both text and binary files properly, but I will not
swear that it's entirely error-free.  If you wish to tinker with it, by all
means do.  All of the source code is online.